Garage Door Off Track
from Local Garage Door Services Inc in Tampa.
What Causes The Garage Door To Go Off Track?
There can be many reasons why a garage door goes off track. Our Off-Track Garage Door Repair Services are available to you now, so call us anytime! Emergencies happen everyday. Below is a list of possible causes:
- When backing the car out the garage, the door may get hit. Many times we push the button to open the garage door and it may not open all the way. You may not look to make sure the door is open. Bang! a loud noise and off track goes the garage door.
- If the car was not pulled all the way into the garage and if the garage door opener settings were maxed out the garage door hits the car and goes off track.
- A Broom, Bike, trash can, or some object was leaning on the side of the garage where the garage door closes. When the garage door is closing the object got in the way and forced the garage door to go off track.
- If your garage door is 10+ years old, the more possibility of the metal getting fatigued is greater. You may see splits in the garage door on the middle sections. If the garage door splits the sections begin to bow in and eventually one side or the other will fall out of the track. Hinges may start to ripen or break.
- The torsion cable(s) are loose (wires on the side of the garage door). If the cable falls off the torsion drum it can make the garage door crooked. This may cause a roller or two come out of the track.
- If the torsion springs (that big coil(s) above the garage door are not properly installed or calibrated, if the garage door is manually lifted (by hand) to fast the garage door can get off track.
Call us today at (813) 536-9333 to request Emergency Services!
How to Fix a Garage Door Off Track
I strongly advise calling a reputable garage door repair company. Not a DIY project, this. A homeowner would be better off contacting for assistance if they have a damaged garage door spring, which is quite dangerous unless you have received training in the operation and installation of garage doors.
Every time a customer calls, one of our specialists will always advise the homeowner, for safety reasons, to NOT touch the garage door. Now, a simple repair requires a big repair or possibly a garage door replacement.
**NEVER TRY TO FIX A GARAGE DOOR THAT IS OFF TRACK YOURSELF.
EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. COULD CAUSE SERIOUS BODILY INJURY OR DEATH! **
Call Now: (813) 536-9333
Preventative Maintenance and safety are essential for a garage door to operate correctly. When was the last time a trained service specialist inspected your garage door and garage door opener?
Looking for a new LiftMaster Garage Door opener?
As an Authorized LiftMaster Dealer, Local Garage Door Services Inc offers a variety of products. A wall-mounted garage door opener, a chaindrive, or a beltdrive. The 3/4 hp 8550W beltdrive opener is the most popular among our customers in the greater Tampa Bay areas. Call us to schedule your FREE, On-Site Estimate Today!!